FAQ for your CPA (Certified Public Accountant)

Before you hire a CPA (Certified Public Accountant), there are important questions to ask to validate the person who will be handling your taxes and to make sure you both are a good fit to work together:

  1. A: A Certified Public Accountant is an expert in helping people with tax preparation, tax auditing services, and IRS representation. Jack McCarty helps individuals and families with current and past due tax returns. He can communicate with the IRS on your behalf to help negotiate and settle your claims.

  2. A: Jack McCarty has 25 years of experience in tax services.

  3. A: Yes. Jack McCarty is a licensed CPA Certified Public Accountant by the Kentucky State Board of Accountancy. He is also a licensed Enrolled Agent (EA) by the Department of Treasury/Internal Revenue Service since 2008.

  4. A: Yes. Jack McCarty is a member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) and a member of the Appraisal Institute, as both MAI and SRA.

  5. A: Following a brief phone conversation, I offer a free thirty-minute personal consultation, at my discretion.

  6. A: Good records are a necessity to meet the requirements of taxing authorities. However, for those just starting a business, it is more important to focus your energies on generating revenue and controlling expenses. Bookkeeping should be considered secondary, particularly at the start of a new business. Initially it is not necessary to keep records with computer software, paper records are fine as long as you have some kind of organization system. More often than not, people do not truly know how to utilize computer software, making end of the year tax and accounting fees are higher because they need to be corrected.

  7. A: I can schedule consultations during normal business hours, which are 9 to 5, Monday through Friday. On occasion, I can meet on Saturdays.

  8. A: All items of income are subject to possible taxation, and should be provided for the accountant to ascertain if they should be included on your tax return. Also, all typical personal deductions and any business expenses should be reported. Remember – most items of income and expense that you receive from your employer or from other financial institutions are also sent to the IRS, and therefore info you report to the IRS is cross-checked by IRS computers with the information received.

  9. A: The best way to contact Jack McCarty is by phone. The office number is 502-327-8009. Office hours are 9am-5pm, Monday- Friday.

  10. A: Not being 100% honest. The truth will come out during planning or in front of an IRS Auditor. Failing to follow the advice, is a common mistake people can make. Please consider the advice and information I provide and then make reasoned and balanced judgments.

    CPA certified public accountant