Tax Return Help: Where is My Money? Tracking your refund 24/7

Tax Return Help: Where is My Money?

If you are expecting a refund on your 2017 income tax, and still haven’t received it, you can check on its status if it has been at least four weeks since the date you filed your return by mail, or 24 hours if you filed electronically. You will need to supply the following information:

  • Your social security number or IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification number
  • Your filing status
  • The exact whole- dollar refund amount as it is shown on your return

You can check the status of your refund in two ways:

  1. On the internet: Go to and click on “Refunds” and then “Where’s My Refund”.
  2. By Telephone (for automated info), Call 800-829-4477.

If you are unable to get information on your refund through either of these two automated services, you can call the IRS for assistance at 800-829-1040.

The IRS website also allows you to start a trace for lost or missing refund checks, or to notify the IRS of an address change when refund checks go undelivered. Taxpayers can avoid undelivered refund checks by having refunds deposited directly into a personal checking or savings account. This option is available for both paper and electronically filed returns.


For help in tracing or tracking your tax refunds, or for general tax return help, Just Call Jack, today at 502-327-8009.

tax return help